Hey everyone, hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, we're going to make a special dish, vickys artichoke & spinach pinwheels, gf df ef sf nf. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF has become the favorite food menus that are now being sought by many people throughout the internet. If you are the individual who wants the recipe information, then this is actually the right website page. We convey the steps to how in order to cook combined with ingredients needed. Do not forget to also display related videos as additional information.
Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF These are great party nibbles for any event. The stuffing makes a lovely dip on it's own without the pastry. View photos, read reviews, and see ratings for Steamed Artichoke.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You could cook Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF
- Make ready 400 grams of can of artichoke hearts, well drained.
- It's 450 grams of fresh spinach leaves.
- Prepare 8 tbsp of mayonnaise, see my egg-free recipe link below.
- You need 50 grams of parmesan-style cheese, I use Violife (soy-free vegan).
- It's 1 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 450 grams of puff pastry, see my free-from recipe link below.
Vickys Artichoke & Spinach Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF detailed
- Chop the artichoke hearts and put into a large bowl. Make sure they're drained well.
- Put the spinach in a large pan with 2 tbsp water. Put the lid on and steam for a few minutes until wilted.
- Drain and tip the spinach out onto a clean tea-towel. Squeeze the excess water out of the spinach by wrapping with the towel and pressing down. You may need to use 2 towels for this.
- Chop roughly and put into the bowl with the artichoke.
- Add the mayo, parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper. Mix well and adjust the seasonings if desired https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/332798-vickys-eggless-mayonnaise-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Halve the pastry and set one half aside. Roll out into a rectangle around 25cm wide and 15cm tall. The exact measurement doesn't really matter https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/356517-vickys-puff-pastry-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free.
- Spread half of the artichoke mixture on top of the pastry leaving an inch at one of the long sides clear.
- Start to roll the pastry over like a jelly/swiss roll. I find it easiest to cut the pastry in half top to bottom for more control.
- Roll right to the bottom and pay extra attention to the bottom end sticking well so it doesn't pop open in the oven.
- Wrap the pastry 'sausages' in clingfilm and put in the freezer for an hour. Repeat with the set aside pastry and artichoke mixture.
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 210C / 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the pastry and cut into slices around 1cm thick. I got 10 discs from each quarter of rolled pastry.
- Place on the lined tray, glaze the pastry with a little milk of choice (I use light coconut milk) and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- You can keep the filled pastry frozen for 3 months before baking if you don't need this amount all at once.
- The mixture also makes a gorgeous dip or topper for breadsticks, crackers etc if you mix in just enough sour cream to loosen the mixture to your own preference. I use coconut cream soured with lemon juice or cashew cream as linked below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333300-vickys-vegan-sour-cream.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food vickys artichoke & spinach pinwheels, gf df ef sf nf recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!